Join us to save People and the Environment!
Volunteer. Solar Household Energy, Inc is committed to minimizing damage to the environment through promoting use of solar cooking worldwide, and we want you to be part of this effort! SHE provides various volunteer opportunities that would meet your interests and expertise.
In your Community
Trainer / Instructor
We believe that one of the most effective ways to spread this new technology is to demonstrate the usage of Solar Cooking, and trainers / instructors are the key components to achieve SHE’s mission. Based on our experience, 92.7% of solar cooking course participants in Bolivia continue to use their cooker 3-5 years after the course ended. Trainer or Instructor will teach how to solar cook to public and demonstrate benefits of solar cooking in various including both locations in your local community and worldwide.
With the SHE Team
Solar Household Energy needs your expertise to accomplish our mission and we especially welcome volunteers with skills in the following areas:
- Social Media Developer/IT Specialist
- To raise the SHE profile and explore potential for publicity and persuasion using social media.
- To enhance capacity of SHE in the use of social media.
- To advise on or manage web based content and design.
- Fund Raiser
- To assist SHE in developing required fund raising tactics and strategies, including the preparation of grant proposals.
- To research and collate information on solar cooking related topics and present the results in short, concise papers.
- To advance technical aspects of solar cooking development and promotion.
- Specific need to investigate materials which do not conduct heat, plastics invulnerable to UV light, and simplification of solar cooker design.
- Board Members
- To help guide and direct SHE’s strategy and development. Suitably qualified volunteers are encouraged to submit their CV which will be held on file for consideration when a place on the Board becomes available.
OFFSETTING YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
Use this Carbon Footprint Calculator
to estimate your carbon emission contribution, then help offset by donating to Solar Household Energy’s efforts in reducing environmental degradation and improving air quality.
Every one dollar that you donate will help us expand our footprint to save the world from poverty and environmental harm.
Please choose how your donation contributes:
- $25,000 to $100,000 Will support a pilot project to bring 100 to 250 solar ovens to a rural community in need, setting the state for a self-sustaining “scale up”, leading to community-wide adoption of the technology.
- $2,500 Start up solar cooking project pack for 10 families, and improved live chances.
- $1,000 Will provide three months of solar cooking instruction to refugee camp residents, and the adoption of lifelong skills.
- $500 Will provide salary of a refugee camp resident solar cooking project manager of one month, and enhance capacity and livelihood.
- $250 Will provide one-week solar cooking demonstration/exhibit at an environmental or international development-oriented conference/event in the USA, and increase global support.
- $150 Will provide a HotPot solar oven and training for a family, and a means to self-sustainability.
- $50 Will provide delivery of two HotPot solar ovens to families in Africa, and a smoke free environment.
- $25 Will provide two days’ worth of solar cooking instruction by a refugee camp resident, and the means to effect change within their community.
- $10 Will provide support for an organization focused on reducing environmental degredation, feeding rural communities, and reducing cooking related mortalities worldwide.
WE WELCOME YOUR DONATION
Contributions to SHE, Inc. can be made through Network For Good’s secure online donation form:
Or donate to our project at
Or give to our fundraiser
Contributions also can be made by check, payable to
Solar Household Energy, Inc.
3327 18th St. NW
Washington, DC 20010